Event: Saturday 18 November 2017
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and entertaining day tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. You certainly don’t need to be a wine connoisseur to appreciate this event but you’ll definitely soak up a lot of useful information for your own wine discoveries at home!
We’ll kick off the day with a flourish - watch us open a bottle of champagne by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Outline of the day
- Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses – with Nez du Vin!
We’ll show you how to taste wines like a professional and how to detect aroma and flavours as well as recognise elements of wine such as tannin, acidity and oak. There’ll be tips on which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, how to store and serve wine as well as understand wine labels. We’ll also hand out food and wine matching ideas and advice.
The day starts at 11am and finishes at 4pm and is a great way to celebrate an important birthday or anniversary…. or just for spoiling yourselves! If you are buying for someone else, the Wine School is happy to post you a Gift Voucher.
How to book
To book your place simply email email@example.com or phone 01865 238 042
Terms and conditions
Attendees must be 18 or over. Please pre-book to attend our wine-tasting day no later than 3rd November 2017.