WELCOME BACK TO THE OLD STOCKS INN
We are delighted to announce that we will be opening The Old Stocks Inn from Monday 17th May for overnight stays and indoor dining in line with Governemnt Guidelines.
Please note: we will only be accepting groups of 6 for stays and dining.
We are also accepting bookings for Parsons Barn from 12th April for self-catering stays.
Visiting Us up to 16th May for Outdoor Dining?
- We are only able to accept bookings for outdoor dining tables of mixed households, up to 6 people. Larger tables exceeding 6 people might be possible but we would ask you to get in contact in advance via email: email@example.com
- We can't allow multiple tables from different households to be booked on our terrace.
- We welcome bookings for drinks, cocktails as well as dining.
- ALL guests must register & check in on the NHS Track & Trace App via QR Scanner system prior to entering the hotel for lunch. Please make sure you have all downloaded the app prior to dining.
- Please stay seated on the terrace, we will come to you for food and drink orders.
- All our guests will have to wear facemasks when moving through the Hotel to access the garden & public toilets. These can be removed once you are sat at a table.
- We will be offering a light tapas menu, sharing platters & sandwiches from 16th April- 16th May only. Once we re-open we will resume our normal lunch menu's.
- Tables will be available for 2 hours from booking time and maybe rebooked afterwards. If you are running late for the table please let us know and we will try and reallocate where possible.
- Please remember we can't control the weather! Come prepared with coats and umbrellas as we cannot let you in to shelter from the rain. If we have to cancel service on the day we will let you know in advance.
Visiting Us from 17th May Onwards?
Our Troupe will continue to be the people delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to here at The Old Stocks Inn. We want to reassure you that we’re putting measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE BOOKING A STAY OR DINING TABLE:
Upon reopening on 17th May 2021 we have made a few changes to make you aware of:
- We can only accept bookings for rooms and indoor dining tables of up to 6 people from mixed households.
- We are not able to accept tables of more than 6 people, even if seated on separate tables.
- All drinks and food served in both the restaurant, bar & cocktail lounge must be done with Table Service, you cannot come to the bar during this time.
- All our guests will have to wear facemasks when moving around the Hotel, these can be removed once you are sat at a table.
- We are offering a 2 & 3-course A La Carte menu in the evening.
- If you wish to dine at the hotel you must make a reservation, no additional guests will be permitted and walk-ins sadly cannot be accommodated.
- Tables will be booked for 2 hours from booking time. Please arrive promptly for your table. If you are running late, this will eat into the time booked for your session. Due to high volume and demand, we must be quite strict with this.
- We are asking all guests staying at the Hotel to book their time for breakfast to allow for effective social distancing in the main restaurant.
- We shall be serving all breakfast on an a la carte basis without a breakfast buffet.
- All dining bookings are made for INDOOR service only. We do not accept outdoor bookings and can offer outside dining on the day for any reservation wishing to dine on our terrace.
Find out more about our commitment to keeping everyone safe whilst they’re with us below.
Booking A Room & Arriving
- We will automatically charge your card on the day of arrival for accommodation and additional reserved products to reduce interaction at check-in.
- All guests aged 16+ must register on thr NHS Track & Trace App or provide full name and contact details.
- We will provide a self-service check-in to the hotel that will enable digital signature and provide keys, that have been sanitised, in sealed envelopes.
- We will ask all guests to complete a simple ‘Health Check’ and confirm the details of their booking in the days leading up to arrival.
- We will only ask for a 25% deposit on Parson’s Barn to book, the remaining amount will not be due until 14 days before arrival.
- In line with Government regulations, from 8th August 2020 all guests must wear face masks in Reception, Public Areas & Corridors of the hotel until you are seated in the restaurant, bar or garden terrace or are back at your bedroom.
- We continue to use Ecolab sanitising and disinfectant products throughout the hotel that are proven to be effective against COVID-19 and are used in NHS Hospitals.
- All bedroom linen continues to be laundered offsite with a leading commercial provider to both Hotels and the NHS.
- We will reduce the number of soft furnishings in bedrooms where possible.
- We will implement a regular focussed clean across all the high touch point areas in the public areas and guest bedrooms.
- Our Front of House, Housekeeping & Kitchen Team will wear appropriate PPE to protect both our guests and them whilst working on duty.
- We will provide hand sanitiser stations in the public areas of the hotel.
- We will provide all Menus online if required alongside single-use copies.
Food & Beverage Changes
- We are operating a 1 metre+ policy in all our food & beverage service outlets to enable effective social distancing.
- Breakfast will be available each day but without the open buffet. We will offer a plated hot breakfast in the restaurant with continental options orderable before the main plate.
- We will serve breakfast until 10.30am to ensure we can accommodate all our guests.
- We will offer two sittings for dinner – Early sittings at 6pm, 6.15pm, 6.30pm, 6.45pm & 7pm will have a 2-hour allocation and later sittings from at 8pm, 8.15pm, 8.30pm, 8.45pm & 9pm.
- We may operate flexible opening & closing times depending on bookings per day.
- We will ask all customers to reserve a table and time slot, in advance, for both Breakfast and Dinner. We will not allow customers who have not booked in advance to dine. (hotel & non-hotel guests alike).
- Tables are fewer and demand is high. We cannot be responsible for no availability or limited availability of dining for guests who have not booked a table and require a table at short notice.
- We will be offering a 2 & 3-course dinner menu for both lunch and dinner.
- Private dining functions will not be permitted until Government guidelines change regarding social distancing.
- We will operate as a “Cashless” business upon reopening in all outlets.
- We will not enter or service your bedroom once you have arrived. If you are comfortable and would like your towels or linen refreshed, you can request this with reception.
- We have installed a protective screen at reception between the Troupe and our guests.
- We will use directional floor markings to guide guests round the hotel safely and where needed, social distancing signage to assist.
- All Troupe members will receive additional training on keeping you and themselves safe. This will be reflected in how they interact with you during your stay.
All procedures and policies will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines. We will try and evolve into the “normal” service as soon as we safely can.
When can I stay at The Old Stocks Inn?
We reopened on Monday 17th May 2021 for bedrooms and dinner reservations only. Please be aware that this is conditional and subject to change in line with Government guidance. We have opened up bookings until December 2022.
Please note: our Front desk is open daily from 8am until 5pm.
After that, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will be in touch the following day.
Can we book into The Bolt Hole?
In advance of the hotel reopening, we expect to reopen our Self-Catering property on the 12th April 2021. We have availability across the summer and have also opened up bookings until December 2022. All reservations can be made online for The Bolt Hole.
Can I book a table for dinner?
We will be operating with a reduced number of tables in our restaurant, so times and availability are limited. We are taking Dinner bookings only in our restaurant for non-hotel guest from 17th May 2021. We will not accept walk-in bookings, all tables must be reserved in advance.
What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
Hotel bookings on flexible rates can be cancelled or transferred up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no charge. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 48hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates.
Any cancellations or amendments within 48hrs, that are not as a direct result of COVID-19, will result in our retaining the charge for the first night of your stay.
Can I come in for just a drink?
Our bar is open Monday-Friday from 3pm and from 11am Satuday & Sunday. We welcome guests and non-residents who have booked a table in the restaurant to join us for a pre-dinner drink. If you would like a drink only, we will accommodate if there is availability of tables to be able to provide the required table service. We do not offer bookings for our bar.
Will everything be open as usual?
Hopefully, we can remove some of these restrictions in late June. We will continue to review these changes each week against government guidelines.