WELCOME BACK TO THE OLD STOCKS INN
As we edge closer to the relaxation of the restrictions we want to remind you that our highest priority is the safety of our guests and the Troupe. We will continue to deliver the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to here at The Old Stocks Inn but will be stepping cautiously into what comes after July 19th.
We will retain some of the measures that have been adopted over the last year to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE BOOKING A STAY OR DINING TABLE:
If you are joining us after Monday 19th July, we have retained a number of changes to make you aware of:
- We will continue to limit bookings for indoor dining tables of up to 6 people to help us maintain a 1 Metre distance between tables in the Restaurant.
- We will re-open the private dining space from September to accommodate larger groups of family get together and private dining.
- We are a small hotel and would prefer that drinks and food served in the restaurant, bar & cocktail lounge is done using table service to reduce the movement around the building. If you would like to come up to the bar then you are very welcome too!
- The Troupe are a young team, a number of which have not received both vaccinations and therefore we will all continue to wear facemasks around the hotel. As guests, it is your choice to wear a mask around the hotel but you won't be alone if you choose to!
- If you wish to dine at the hotel we strongly advise you to make a reservation, walk-ins cannot always be accommodated.
- We will continue to ask all our overnight guests to book a time for breakfast to avoid any overcrowding in the morning rush.
- Unfortunately, the weather is very unpredictable and therefore all dining bookings are made for Indoor service only. We can't accept outdoor bookings but will offer outside dining on the day if the weather allows.
- We will display NHS Test & Trace Check-In information on arrival at reception and ask that you use this when entering our hotel.
Find out more about our commitment to keeping everyone safe whilst they’re with us below.
- We offer a self-service check-in to the hotel that will enable digital signature if you would prefer a paper-free arrival.
- We will continue with focussed cleans across all the high touch point areas in the public areas and guest bedrooms.
- Our Front of House, Housekeeping & Kitchen Team will wear appropriate PPE to protect both our guests and them whilst working on duty.
- We will provide hand sanitiser stations in the public areas of the hotel.
- We will leave the 1 metre+ policy in our restaurant to ensure you have a relaxed experience when dining with us.
- Breakfast is served until 10.30am to ensure we can accommodate all our guests.
- We will offer two sittings for dinner – Early sittings at 6pm, 6.15pm, 6.30pm, 6.45pm & 7pm will have a 2-hour allocation and later sittings from at 8pm, 8.15pm, 8.30pm, 8.45pm & 9pm.
- We will be offering a 2 & 3-course dinner menu for both lunch and dinner.
- We will operate as a “Cashless” business upon reopening in all outlets.
- We will ask if you are happy for us to refresh your bedroom once you have arrived. If you are comfortable and would like your towels refreshed we request that you ensure personal belongings are not left on the beds and put away.
- We will retain a protective screen at reception so that the Team can communicate more effectively with you during your stay.
All procedures and policies will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines. We will try and evolve into the “normal” service as soon as we safely can.
When can I stay at The Old Stocks Inn?
We reopened on Monday 17th May 2021 for bedrooms and dinner reservations only. Please be aware that this is conditional and subject to change in line with Government guidance. We have opened up bookings until December 2022.
Please note: our Front desk is open daily from 8am until 5pm.
After that, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will be in touch the following day.
Can we book into The Bolt Hole?
In advance of the hotel reopening, we expect to reopen our Self-Catering property on the 12th April 2021. We have availability across the summer and have also opened up bookings until December 2022. All reservations can be made online for The Bolt Hole.
Can I book a table for dinner?
We will be operating with a reduced number of tables in our restaurant, so times and availability are limited. We are taking Dinner bookings only in our restaurant for non-hotel guest from 17th May 2021. We will not accept walk-in bookings, all tables must be reserved in advance.
What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
Hotel bookings on flexible rates can be cancelled or transferred up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no charge. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 48hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates.
Any cancellations or amendments within 48hrs, that are not as a direct result of COVID-19, will result in our retaining the charge for the first night of your stay.
Can I come in for just a drink?
Our bar is open Monday-Friday from 3pm and from 11am Satuday & Sunday. We welcome guests and non-residents who have booked a table in the restaurant to join us for a pre-dinner drink. If you would like a drink only, we will accommodate if there is availability of tables to be able to provide the required table service. We do not offer bookings for our bar.
Will everything be open as usual?
Hopefully, we can remove more of these restrictions in late Summer as more people become vaccinated. We will continue to review these changes each week against government guidelines.